• Set a regular time for bed each night and stick to it.
• Avoid feeding children big meals close to bedtime.
• Avoid giving anything with caffeine less than six hours before bedtime.
• Make after-dinner playtime a relaxing time.
• Establish a calming bedtime routine.
• Do not leave packages visible in vehicles or in house. Keep vehicles and house locked at all times.
• Buy safe and age appropriate gifts.
• Check lights and make sure there are proper outlets for use. Make sure live trees are watered to avoid drying out.